About Me Tab tutorials Tab projects tab recipes parties buttons advertise feater
Welcome to my blog! If you are new here you may want to check out my projects, tutorials and follow along! Have a great day!

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

First Harvest From the Garden

Yesterday was our first real harvest from the garden. We had been getting a little bit of lettuce, spinach and peas before, but yesterday was the first cucumbers, squash, peppers and tomatoes.

Obviously, the produce is what we do all of the hard work for and it is so satisfying to search through the leaves and find that perfect little cucumber that will turn into that perfect little pickle.  

It makes all that time spent watering, weeding, and planting worth it.


So far the garden is producing very well. My plans for the produce this summer are to make a lot of jalapeno pickles, salsa, spaghetti sauce, diced tomatoes and canned green beans.


Oh yeah, and those grape tomatoes did not survive the day yesterday. I missed the taste of garden fresh tomatoes!!


Thanks so much for stopping by and have a great day!!
Signature 2

4 comments:

Kathe said...

Oh gosh! How great your veggies look! Where do you live that you are already harvesting cucs? I am so jealous! Mine are barely poking out from the ground! I'd love it if you shared this post, and any others you are proud of at my party here:
http://www.kathewithane.com/2012/06/whoohoo-its-tuesday-one-of-my-favorite.html

Kellie said...

All that hard work pays off abundantly! Enjoy the fruit of your labors!

Little Susie Home Maker said...

What a joy it is to harvest your own garden! Enjoy!
Blessings,
Susie

Natural-Nesters Sisters' said...

I love this. We harvested our first zucchini the other day.. LOE it! I love, like you, that my garden is growing and producing food for my family.

We would love for you to link this up at our party..

http://natural-nester.blogspot.com/2012/06/naturally-nifty-party-18.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...